Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Little Miracles - July 18, 2009

I was driving home this afternoon from Salt Lake and realized that I would probably need a mechanic suit for at least some part of the movie that I'm in. I immediately felt like going to the Provo Deseret Industries... but then realized that I had never seen a mechanic suit in the first place. I wouldn't even know where to start. And why would there be a mechanic suit at DI? But as I approached State Street I felt prompted to go again, so I found myself driving there. As I walked in, I scanned the sections and wondered what a mechanic suit was supposed to look like. Was it long-sleeved? Woven? Short-sleeved? What color would it be? After searching through hundreds of shirts and pants in the dress and casual sections, I was about to give up when I realized that I was going about it in the wrong way. The impression to come to DI hadn't been a thought from my mind from past experience - it had been a spiritual prompting with a purpose behind it. I had been using my head to figure out where to find a jumpsuit - not using my heart to listen. I pulled my cart from the Men's clothing section and just walked in the direction that felt right. A moment later I was across the aisle next to a stand full of clothes labeled "Men's Sleepwear." I never peruse the sleepwear section, since all it has is boxers, long johns, and bath robes... but a tan, smooth piece of cloth caught my eye. I pulled out the hanger - it looked like a jumpsuit of some kind. "This is why you came," a voice whispered to me, and, after a moment, I realized that it was a mechanic's outfit. A trip to the dressing room confirmed that the jumpsuit would need only minor alterations (hem the pants, take in the waist) to be a perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search