Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Count your many, many blessings: July 26, 2006

Dear Family and Friends,
The computer just ate my email. I was about to send it, and something flashed and no more email. I guess it helps me laugh a bit. I was writing you all about the new sources of stress I've found here in Firenze. I think they are loading straw on the camel's back. I won't break! The branch is huge, which means no one knows the missionaries very well. My companion was transferred here as well, so we have no work. We also have many other things we have to do and prepare for... I'm sorry there are no pictures. I'll try to make a CD today. I'm about out of time. Sad. Maybe you could all read Alma 5 instead of my email. I'm sorry.
I'm trying to smile even when I feel overwhelmed... and then I realize that there are people even more overwhelmed than I am. We were very aware of deaths on the roads two weeks ago - there was a procession in Battipaglia to announce the end of road death... after the roads took 13 youth this last year. Give my condolences to his family. I tried to write them a poem, but it didn't come. Could you give them my testimony instead? I love you all!
Dear little brother's friend's family,
I'm your son's friend's older brother. I'm a missionary in Italy. I don't know everything, but I know the Lord loves us. He watches over us. He gives us breath and life and health and joy and everything that is important to us. I know we lived with Him before this life - that we are His spirit sons and daughters. I know we are here to be happy - to find the joy that comes through having a family and serving the Lord... and I know that the joy of family life does not need to ever end. The Lord loves us today as much as He loved those in the past, and He has called a prophet today like Moses. To this prophet He gave the authority to bind families together forever - even after death. It's true. I know it's true, because I asked Him. I wanted to know if I could be with my family forever. I wanted to really know, so one day I knelt down and prayed. I asked if it was true - if there really was a modern prophet, if the Lord had opened His mouth again, if His authority was truly upon the earth... and He answered me. I felt the peace I had been searching for. I would invite you to do the same. Take a moment and ponder upon the eternities. Then ask the Lord if it is true. I promise that you will receive an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search