Saturday, February 17, 2007

Preparation: August 10, 2005

Dear little brother,
It seems like you're preparing to do a lot of things this summer and in the coming year. I commend you for your high aspirations, and I can't wait to get your referral for us here in Rome! The work is going well here, and I was thinking that it is probably time for you to start really preparing to go on a mission. It begins with your schedule. For me - I wanted to have some time with the family during the Summer because I put my date right on my birthday. Also, there is a bit of paperwork and wisdom teeth and such and such... I would certainly look at your trip next summer with that in mind - hope everything works out, but just keep the big picture in view. Also, make sure you don't spend all your money on things before the mission. In the mission field, you are not allowed to use consecrated money to buy anything but necessities. So, when you get the urge to buy souvenirs to send home, you need to use personal money to buy and ship your gifts (and I am sure that you will get many such feelings). And finally, no matter what you do, make sure that you are really reading the scriptures and studying Preach My Gospel every day. If it seems boring or dull or you don't have direction, pray for it - the Lord wants to help us to prepare for one of the most important things we can do in our lives. Also, pray every day for the people in your mission to be prepared to accept you. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and there may be dreams about you even before you go. Be faithful, and be worthy little brother! I love you!
Anziano David Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search