Wednesday, February 28, 2007

There can be miracles!: October 4, 2006

Dear Family and Friends,
Happy Birthday to my little brothers!
...And Happy Birthday to all the other people who have birthdays (I'm sure I've missed a ton of them.)!
How do you like that?
Today we had interviews with President - I love my mission president. We talked about members of the zone and what we can do. There are some problems, and I don't envy President for anything. As I knew before, the Lord doesn't always give us guidance in all our problems. Not even the important ones. He does, however, give us a head and a heart and loved ones and peers, and He promises that if we use them to our full ability He will bless us just the same as if an angel had commanded us. It's good to know that the Lord is watching over us. He will not let us fall too far if we are going in the right direction. He loves us. What a great thing! Our mission is changing - zones will be combined, districts will be combined, to make bu-rah-cra-see (noooo! I'm losing all my ability to spell in English!) a bit less. I think it will help in many ways, but it will be a big change. Things will change. I'm not sure what will happen this next transfer (except for the mission rumor that Elder Uchtdorf is coming to speak with Italian government officials)... I know that President trusts me, and I trust him well enough to know that wherever he calls, it is the Lord that is doing the calling.
Sorry about pictures - Italian Museums and churches often are surrounded by NO-FOTO signs. Hence, the only day we can take pictures is slighted by the difficulty of taking them. I'll work on finding some favorites for you.
This last week was full of great, interesting experiences. Thursday we had scambi with the assistants - we went out and worked and saw some great miracles. Saturday and Sunday we went to Prato to see Conference. One of our investigators came to conference! And... he loved it! I am grateful to see people change their lives and be happy about the changes. Saturday was only in Italian (that is, the Saturday morning session - we don't see the Sunday afternoon one ever), which made us a bit shocked... but Sunday it worked and the Lord started answering all the questions I had been asking Him. I know that these men are prophets. Who would think that the Prophet of the Lord would speak and answer my prayers? Who am I? And yet, it happens... The Lord truly loves each of us. Individually. Monday and Tuesday we went to Siena to do another scambi. It was again amazing - we have seen great changes in the attitudes of missionaries and they have seen miracles. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have had to help bring all men unto Christ.
The Lord has spoken a few times this week to me. In maniera chiara (in a clear way). I'm really happy. I love my companion, we are finally starting to understand each other, I am teaching him new things. He is teaching me. Work is going well. We are seeing the Hand of the Lord in all things. What a great blessing! Next week comes Anziano Schultz - a member of a quorum of the seventy. I know that this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that we are children of the living God. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that through him God restored the Book of Mormon - the Word of God along with the Bible and the words of all other prophets. I know that Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God and that we are led by the Hand of the Lord. I love you all - go out and make friends. Talk with everyone! Talk about the things you have in your hearts - don't hide the Gospel. Make comments in school, or in meetings, or anywhere. Make references to meetings or scriptures or anything. The Gospel is the most important message that there is! I love you all!
Anziano Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search